Parking on the San Marcos Masjid Property is for the parishioners (Musalluun of the San Marcos Masjid).
- Welcome! We have ample parking for our typical attendance for 5 daily as-Salaah. al-Ham-du-Lillaahi!
- Parking is free while you remain on the property (for example, for as-Salaah, Study, DHikr, MSA meetings, Friends, Du3aa’, Remembering your Lord, Being there, et cetera).
- If you remain on the property, then block/double-park as needed.
Please park in a manner that makes all the cars and people safe.
There is no guarantee of quick exit.
That is, you may have to wait for another to finish his or her as-Salaah.
If you wish help with parking, then call or text Clay 512-589-7148.
The Masjid is not a Parking Service for Texas State University.
- "Absentee Parking" is to leave a vehicle at the Masjid while the driver exits the Masjid property.
- The San Marcos Masjid does not permit Absentee Parking, except 7 PM to 7 AM, and except weekends.
- We tow for Absentee Parking, weekdays 7 AM to 7PM. If towed, then call South West Towing at 512-392-4442 at 211 West Grove Street. Bring $200.
- A historical note:
For more than 10 years, our scholar has preferred that The Masjid not offer Absentee Parking.
In order to save our student from pay-parking fees, over these many years,
our scholar permitted several experiments to test several rule sets for Absentee Parking
(i.e. license, tags, open, pay, register, assigned, mixed, et cetera).
All were problematic. None ensured the rights of the Masjid. So, week-day Absentee Parking has been removed.
By removing Absentee Parking during the weekdays, we focus on as-Salaah, et cetera.
- Towing brings significant sadness to everyone involved.
A challenge of stressful situations is to remain manerly in such times of stress.
That is, patience is in the moment.
May Allaah help us to be patient -- aameen!
- If you have questions about parking, then call or text Clay 512-589-7148.
A few comments about parking particulars:
- The San Marcos Masjid is not responsible for damage to any vehicle on Masjid property.
- The vehicle owner and driver each assume all responsibility for damage caused by their vehicle.
- Any damage or injury to vehicle, driver, owner, and passenger are not the responsibility of the Masjid.
Texas State University offers parking. Please check the following links for their current information.
- TSU hourly parking is on Student Center Drive off of North Comanche Street (at GPS 29.8898562,-97.9453488) and also at University Drive & North Edward Gary Street (at GPS 29.88593,-97.9393076).
- TSU hourly parking is up to $14 per day:
- TSU yearly parking is $115–$825:
— The 9 proper parking spaces.
— How to park 29 cars at the Masjid.
Ya just gotta love it!